Google

2007/07/10

THAI GIRLS IN PATTAYA


When I came to work, I was still thinking of the topic I wanted to write about, and then I looked at the cars passing by, hoping I could get something from it. It sounded hopeless though, but while I was sitting the idea came in to my head. My boss is correct; I should start thinking about how a teen thinks about the “girls in the pub”. Especially since I’m not Thai, I’m a foreign student and an employee in Pattaya Daily News
I’m one of those people who migrated and who is living in another country. My insights about them are pretty much the same as others, well I assume. But honestly, what I think about these girls is not as close-minded as the others are. I look at them in a positive way, well as much as I can think of. The questions stacked up into my brain and they were pushing my mind to pour out some answers. When I look at these girls, I stop, and wonder what they’re thinking. Are they some of the girls who dance at night just to attract what they call “Farangs”? They entertain them. Yes they do have a lot of ways to make them happy. Dance, drink, a little bit of hugging, these foreigners can’t get enough of them. But what bugs me is the question: “Do they do this just to simply eat and live?” It may be an endless speculation or a pointless direction, but what I think is that life’s never easy. It may look dirty and embarrassing for us, but what they do is what we call “survival of the fittest”. This is what they call a “job” so we should respect them.

Other Thais marry these farangs, so what do you think? Again, we’re back to the unlimited source of conclusions on why they marry them. Others may say, he’s just rich, or she’s not pretty at all. But what we don’t know may surprise us. Marriage is a sacred act that a couple does when they’re in love. Everything we see is not flat. There are curves in the road, there’s a broken one, and not everything that lies within our eye’s view is real. Truth lies beneath everything that is unreal; we don’t see them as much as we see a clear view of an object.
I asked my friend about his insights or opinions on this topic, and he gave me an amazing and remarkable answer. He said, “ Pattaya is a place where the code is 'Live and let live'. I don't condemn anyone who engages in a mutual commerce between consenting adults, whether the interaction is called "short time" or "marriage". As John Lennon said "Whatever gets you through the night." Money for beauty is nothing new, nor is it restricted to Thailand.
Story : Maria Hyasmine Photo : DCman

No comments: